This week I'm going with strawberries.
End of season and grab yours.
They're firm and fresh.
Price is perfect. Enjoy that last taste of summer. Cut them up. Healthy and delicious.
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE RECIPE
Try a no-fuss way to make a classic strawberry dessert that serves a crowd of 15.
- cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- cup granulated sugar
- cup butter or margarine, softened
- cup milk
- teaspoons vanilla
- cup whipping cream
- package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- cup powdered sugar
- teaspoon vanilla
- cups sliced fresh strawberries (about 2 lb)
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with shortening; lightly flour (or spray pan with baking spray with flour). In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- 2 Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 3 In chilled small bowl, beat whipping cream on high speed until soft peaks form; set aside. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla on medium speed until well blended. Fold in whipped cream.