FUNDING FOR LITERACY IS EVERYONE'S BUSINESS



AUTHORS standing together must be on the front lines in helping this cause. Don't let someone else do your battle. We write, we read, we write for readers. Regardless of genre, we stand together. Sign the petition today.

In contacting my own representative, let me share his response. We've got 86 days left. PLEASE SIGN the petition. I'm not pleased with a canned response and will write again, demanding to know how my esteemed Senator plans on helping children and adults battle illiteracy.

Dear Mrs. Taylor,

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office regarding your support for national literacy programs and funding. Your input is important to me, and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.

I agree with you that our economic future and ability to compete in the world marketplace depends on having a highly educated and trained workforce. Reading and literacy are fundamental. I also understand and appreciate the contributions that libraries make to communities across Tennessee. They can be centers of learning, job training, and other critical services. As we move through this year's appropriations process, the insight and information you have given here will certainly help my staff and me more effectively look into this issue, and I appreciate your input.

Thank you again for your letter. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me as I serve you in the United States Senate.


Sincerely,

Bob Corker
United States Senator

My recommendation for the holidays!

Back to Top